Monday, August 20, 2012

Canning salsa

This last week my sister-in-law was here and we had a day of canning.  We live very close to Harry and David and they had a peach sale.  Peaches were 10 cents a pound!  I don't know what possessed me to be different from the crowd (except that family did not eat the peaches I canned last year), but I decided to can salsa instead.

Our dear friends are on vacation for 3 weeks and our son is house sitting and he keeps bringing home all of these beautiful peppers and I had to do something with them.  So I made salsa for us and a couple for them for a nice little returning home present.  Mighty nice of me considering it was from their garden, don't you think?



I made the label for the salsa and the oven and mitt from the From my Kitchen cart and the label on the jar is from Preserves cart.  I hope they enjoy it as much as we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment